
I bought this unit from the Home Depot. I was actually concerned because I like to read online reviews first, via my favorite place to shop - Amazon.com. I was desperate on this hot day 3 weeks ago, so I took the gamble.
This unit is AMAZING. I own one other KuulAire PACKA44 350 CFM (smaller version, but very good). I also own a Sunpentown SPT SF-608R or as I like to call it a "Suckpentown." The Sunpentown was a little better than a paperweight. Much cheaper, but doesn't work nearly as well as any other evaporative cooler.
Back to the KuulAire PACKA53- This thing is AMAZING. It has a very attractive display with all the standard features of an evaporative cooler. The only thing I would change is the fill tray. It only allows for a small opening to fill the reservoir. This opening is impossible to even squeeze the smallest ice cube into. Solution? I simply opened the fill drawer and hack sawed the thing right off! I now have a space big enough to fit 4-inch ice cubes. I would recommend purchasing Tovolo KING Cube Ice Trays, Available on Amazon.
For the money -$175 at the Home Depot- hands down this is the best evaporative cooler you can get your hands on. It blows cold, it blows strong, it has a giant reservoir of 4 gallons, and the unit is all around attractive.
This unit is AMAZING. I own one other KuulAire PACKA44 350 CFM (smaller version, but very good). I also own a Sunpentown SPT SF-608R or as I like to call it a "Suckpentown." The Sunpentown was a little better than a paperweight. Much cheaper, but doesn't work nearly as well as any other evaporative cooler.
Back to the KuulAire PACKA53- This thing is AMAZING. It has a very attractive display with all the standard features of an evaporative cooler. The only thing I would change is the fill tray. It only allows for a small opening to fill the reservoir. This opening is impossible to even squeeze the smallest ice cube into. Solution? I simply opened the fill drawer and hack sawed the thing right off! I now have a space big enough to fit 4-inch ice cubes. I would recommend purchasing Tovolo KING Cube Ice Trays, Available on Amazon.
For the money -$175 at the Home Depot- hands down this is the best evaporative cooler you can get your hands on. It blows cold, it blows strong, it has a giant reservoir of 4 gallons, and the unit is all around attractive.
Product Description
PACKA53 PORTABLE EVAPORATIVE COOLER Features 3 speed for maximum comfort selections Adjustable water control knob Uses high-efficiency rigid cooling media 500 CFM - 4 gallon water reservoir Equipped with casters, automatic swing louvers,- remote control, 8 hr. timer & LED control panel 150 watts - weight 26 lb. Dimensions: 27.6"H x 16.5"W x 15.5"D PACKA53 PORTA EVAPORATI COOLER CAPACITY:Up to 350 Sq. Ft COLOR:Silver & Black

Features
- 500 CFM cools 325 Square Feet 10-25 degrees
- Adjustable water control knob
- No pump required
- Swing louvers, timer, and casters for better use of cooling
- Uses high-efficiency rigid media and tap water to generate cooler air with no assembly required
No comments:
Post a Comment